The Aramoho South Signal box was opened on 27 March 1911and closed in November 1986 before being relocated to its current position in Papaiti.


Rail historian John Fitzgerald wrote the book "New Zealand Railways Stand Alone Mechanical Signal Boxes of the H J Wynne Era, 1900 – 1929” (ISBN,978-0-908573-79-0) from which many of these incredible photographs were sourced from. 


John's hard work in preserving this documentation of a bygone era for us to marvel at is truly appreciated. 


© 2018 The Signal Box- Riverside Accommodation. 

  • White Instagram Icon
  • w-facebook